Reliance Jio is offering its customers a total of 16GB complimentary data as part of its second anniversary. According to a Telecom Talk report, Jio will give its users 8GB data in the month of September and another 8GB in October under its Jio Celebration pack.
According to the latest quarterly report shared by Jio, the telco has a subscriber base of over 215 Million customers, with an average of 10.6 GB data consumed by a customer per month.
On September 5th, 2018, Jio completed their two years of existence in the market, and offer of free GBs for users is part of the celebrating this occasion.
The additional data comes in the form of two vouchers. The vouchers will be automatically credited to subscribers’ existing plan, and they can check usage under the ‘My plans’ section of MyJio app.
How Can I Get Free 2 GB Per Day?
Here are the steps:
- Open My Jio app (install the app if you don’t have)
- On the left-hand side, you can see the Menu option. Click on that, and the menu will roll down.
- Click on ‘My Plans’ section, where you see your current plans, and validity data.
- Below that, you can see ‘Jio Celebrations Pack’ section.
- Daily, from September 7th to September 10th, you can see 2 GB of additional data in that section.
- Note here, that the data of 2 GB per day won’t be carried forward to next day, and you need to finish that in one day.
Recently, Jio started offering subscribers 1GB of free data with a Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate. Yep, you read that right!
Subscribers of Jio services are eligible for getting 1GB of free data by simply clicking a picture of a Dairy Milk Wrapper. The offer is currently showing up in the app, where customers can click on it and open the camera on a smartphone to take the picture. To get the data, the customer is required to scan the barcode found on the inside of the chocolate wrapper.